Just a reminder to check the latest information.
Before travel please check the gov.uk pages for the latest information about travelling to the EU from 1st January 2021.
Here is a summary:
• visa free travel for UK nationals will be limited to the Schengen area countries for up to 90 days in any 180 day period. This includes most EU nations and Iceland, Norway, Switzerland & Lichtenstein [the latter two to check the bank accounts].
• Travellers must have at least 6 months left on their passports except for Ireland
• EHIC cards are valid until their expiration date. A Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) is being planned to cover chronic or existing illnesses and routine maternity care as well as emergencies - details to be released. Travel insurance with healthcare is still the best way to be covered.
• Roaming charges for mobiles should be checked with the provider s the guarantee of free roaming will end.
• the Pet Passport scheme no longer applies. An animal health certificate from a vet will be needed, issued at least 10 days in advance.
• Use separate lanes from EU,EEA and Swiss citizens at border controls
• International Driving Permits may be required in some EU countries and Norway if you have a paper driving licence or a licence issued in Guernsey, Gibraltar, Jersey, and the Isle of Man. Check with the embassy of the country you will be driving in. You must have Green Card and use GB sticker(s)
• Duty free shopping is available if travelling to the EU and the return of limits to the amount of duty free you can bring in from the EU.