Portugal is leading the covid 19 vaccination in Europe and with more than 80% of the population vaccinated, the country has begun to remove some restrictions to the population and to international travel.
So, as of 1stSeptember, and according to the decree :
- any citizen departing from the UK can enter Mainland Portugal, as long as they have a test (PCR 72h before or Antigen 48h before). Children >12 don’t need a test.
- This means that you can have a certificate or not, 2 vaccines or 1, or none. As long as you have a test you can enter Portugal and you don’t have to quarantine.
- Anyone with an EU certificate does not need a test to enter Portugal
- The AZ vaccines with manufacturing in India is no longer a topic
Bear in mind that:
- The Azores or Madeira have different rules, please see their info at Gov UK