Overview The Extreme 19th - legend golf and safari resort
Few holes in the history of golf have generated as much interest as the The Extreme 19th
Newspapers, magazines, TV and radio stations across the globe have run features on this most amazing golf hole.
Accessible only by helicopter, with the tee set 400m up on the majestic Hanglip Mountain and played to a green the shape of Africa some 400m below, the Extreme 19th has captured the imagination like no other hole.
Golfing superstars as well as celebrities from across the world’s of sport and entertainment have been equally as impressed with this most unique hole.
In a shoot-out with French star Raphael Jacquelin, 2008 Open Champion Padraig Harrington famously became the first person to make a Par 3 – but since then he has been joined by many others – just normal golfers enjoying the golfing experience of a lifetime.
Here are the facts and figures about the Extreme 19th - the longest Par 3 in the world!
* Vertical Height – 430m
* Horizontal distance from foot of mountain to back of green – 400m
* Horizontal distance from foot of mountain to start of fairway – 280m (Start of fairway is indicated by arrow!)
* The vertical drop from the start of fairway to the front of the green is 21m.
* The green is the shape of Africa.
* AND THE CONTOURS OF AFRICA!
* Time for ball to land – 20 seconds
Longest par 3 golf hole in the world